Single Family Homeowners
Our firm has represented numerous single family homeowners suffering from construction defects. Our strategy for single-family home cases is designed to minimize litigation expenses and expedite resolution of claims for homeowners who might otherwise be unable to obtain recourse against powerful builders and their insurance companies.
What can our firm do?
- We can represent you on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay hourly attorney's fees. Rather, attorney's fees are paid out of the recovery we are able to secure for you on your claim.
- We can help you simultaneously navigate both the litigation/ arbitration path and the negotiation path toward resolution of your claim.
- We can help you find qualified experts to investigate construction problems and develop repair recommendations to repair construction problems.
- We can level the playing field for you. We have successfully pursued claims against the biggest national builders and obtained settlements and verdicts for our clients.
What do you need to do?
- Take action right away. After the discovery of any construction problem, you may have two years or less in which to pursue a claim for construction defects.
- Provide some initial information about the age of your home, the builder, and the construction problems you are experiencing.
- Meet with one of us at your home for a no charge initial consultation regarding your construction defect claims. After consulting with you, we will inform you of the strengths and the weaknesses are of your claim and whether we are able to assist you with your case.
If we are able to take your case and you choose to retain us, we will ask you to:
- Commit to investing $5,000 in your claim. This retainer will go toward paying the costs of experts retained on your behalf to investigate your claims and to design repair recommendations. If the expert costs ultimately exceed $5,000, we will advance the additional costs on your behalf, which you will be responsible to repay from your recovery at the conclusion of your case.
- Agree to provide the experts with access to your home including inspections and testing as necessary.
- Cooperate with our efforts to bring your claim, including providing us with any necessary documents, and appearing at any proceedings, as necessary.